Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sony restores all PlayStation Network services


Sony has completed its restoration of the PlayStation Network and Qriocity music service after a data breach forced a shutdown in April.


Most notable is the return of the PlayStation Store, where players can download demos, videos and other content as well as purchase games.

The official PlayStation blog has a very long list of content that has recently been added. Publisher Bethesda Softworks has also confirmed the second piece of DLC for Fallout: New Vegas, titled "Honest Hearts" is now available for PS3.
 
The PlayStation Store went down with the rest of PSN on April 20, when Sony took down the services to battle a massive data breach exposing users' personal information.

Last month, Sony launched an initial restoration of PSN, which brought back user access to accounts and online gameplay.

However, prepare to wait a while to gain access to the PlayStation Store. Destructoid reports users may see error messages as Sony deals with the surge of traffic to the store.

14 comments:

  1. XBOX seems to be a much better choice in the end even though you have to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took them long enough, at least theyre giving everyone 2 free games, that pretty much makes up for it imo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I prefer the XBOX, but the PS is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I didn't have to deal with this, been a PC gamer my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally! I guess that's why I have an XBox though.

    Also, I've been away for a while, but now I'm back! Just leaving this little "P.S." to blogs I enjoy and want to know that I'm still here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a PS3 but I've never connected to PSN.When I want to play multi-player the second joystick and a friend do the job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now lets see the network go down again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah it went back on but today there was more information compromised by a group of hackers apparently. Encrypt your text sony.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's about time they get stuff working...again :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. About time really, but good customer service by giving out free games!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think i heard its back down again now isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. leys hope sonny gets back to the game

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it was down again

    ReplyDelete